Blue Slip – Defect Notice
How to clear defect notices and obtain blue slip
A blue slip or an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection report verifies that an unregistered vehicle meets the design and safety standards. All unregistered light vehicles require a blue slip before registration in NSW.
Which vehicles require a blue slip:
- Registration expired more than 3 months
- Purchased from interstate or overseas
- That have no number plates
- Written off cars that where approved for re-registration
- That require adjustments in their registration records due to some modifications
- That need defect notices cleared.
Sams Automotive can inspect, repair and clear defect notices. Our mechanics can help you bring your vehicle into compliance. Once the vehicle is cleared our mechanics will issue a blue slip and the inspection report is sent electronically to the Roads and Maritimes Services.